The Central New York Regional Transportation Authority (Centro) is the public transportation provider for Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, and Oneida counties, which includes the cities of Syracuse, Oswego, Fulton, Auburn, Rome and Utica.
Centro's mission is to be responsive to the transportation needs of the Central New York community by providing services which are safe, convenient, reliable, and environmentally responsible with a goal of maximizing the taxpayers' return on investment.
CNY Centro, Inc.
- Centro of Oswego, Inc.
- Centro of Cayuga, Inc.
- Centro Call-A-Bus, Inc.
- Centro Parking, Inc.
- Centro of Oneida, Inc.
- Service Area: Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, & Oneida counties
- Fleet Size: 237
- Employees: 625 (includes part-time)
- Annual Miles: 5,550,000
- Annual Passengers: 12,000,000
- Daily Passengers: Approximately 33,000
- Route service connecting residential areas with the region’s most significant employment districts, shopping centers, educational and medical facilities, and entertainment venues within the cities of Syracuse, Oswego, Fulton, Auburn, Rome and Utica.
- Inter-city service connecting Syracuse and Onondaga County with the cities of Oswego, Fulton and Auburn and various communities in between.
- An accessible fleet of buses for persons with disabilities.
- Shopper services to area grocery stores for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Paratransit services for seniors, persons with disabilities, and rural residents who meet ADA requirements.
- Bicycle racks on nearly all Centro buses.
- Transportation for qualified Onondaga County seniors through the “Onondaga Senior Call-A-Ride (OSCAR) Program.”